Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Lions Speech Competition

On Sunday the third of November, Lee and I (Adriana) went to the Community Centre in Hawera to compete in the Lions Speech competition. It was a really enjoyable experience as there were lots of really good speakers from everywhere in Taranaki, coming as far as Whanganui and as close to home as New Plymouth. Firstly, we got split into two rooms and in each room there were twenty people giving their speeches (which were really good). Mine was about 'Procrastination', while Lee's was about 'If Our Pets Were Humans'.

Then both rooms of speakers got put into another room where we had to wait until our name was called, then got told a topic for an impromptu speech. The topic for Room 1 (my room) was 'Homework' and the topic for Room 2 (Lee's room) was 'Holidays'. This was the first impromptu speech I have done and it was really fun. I hope to do another impromptu speech sometime. When it came to prize giving I got fifth, an iPod and everyone got a certificate of participation. Overall the day was really cool and very fun, and I enjoyed it lots.

Adriana

No comments:

Post a Comment